All your materials for the month of May 2021
Welcome! Start Here
All the audio for this month—organized in a handy playlist for you.
Grow a Bigger Mailing List
Write Eye-Catching Subject Lines
The subject line is a crucial part of your newsletter.
You have about two seconds to captivate your reader’s attention and help them decide, “Do I want to open this newsletter and read it or not?”
If you struggle to come up with intriguing subject lines—or just want some fresh ideas—check out these tips.
- List of subject line tips with examples and templates for each one. ***This resource is not available with the Magic May 30-day free trial. It’s for Newsletter Magic subscribers only. Learn more.
Get More Sales
Business owners, this is for you.
Learn how to how to craft newsletters that inspire people to say, “Yes!” and purchase your products/services, instead of, “Hmm, no, thanks, maybe later.” Listen here.
Get a Newsletter Makeover
Would you love Alex to take a look at a newsletter you’ve written and give you feedback on how to make it stronger?
Want her to rewrite your work and give it a professional copywriter upgrade…like a newsletter makeover?
- How to submit your newsletter for a newsletter makeover. ***This resource is not available with the Magic May 30-day free trial. It’s for Newsletter Magic subscribers only. Learn more.
Q&A Time with Alex
Every month, we invite you to submit one question about anything newsletter-related.
You have a question about growing your readership, finding your voice, building confidence in your writing, or something else?
Each month, we compile all the questions you’ve submitted. Alex answers each question, one by one. No question goes unanswered.
- How to submit a question. ***This resource is not available with the Magic May 30-day free trial. It’s for Newsletter Magic subscribers only. Learn more.
For Seasoned / Advanced Writers
You’ve been writing a newsletter for a while now, and you want to bring your writing to the next level?
You’re ready to flex your creative muscles in a new way?
These resources are for you.
- How to make your newsletter so excellent that people say, “I love this so much. This is one of the only newsletters I actually read.” ***This resource is not available with the Magic May 30-day free trial. It’s for Newsletter Magic subscribers only. Learn more.
- Give first. 10 ways you can be surprisingly generous in your newsletter and delight, enchant, and amaze your readers. ***This resource is not available with the Magic May 30-day free trial. It’s for Newsletter Magic subscribers only. Learn more.
- 15 types of newsletters you could write. The Three Things Newsletter. The Imagine Newsletter. The Meowsletter. And more. ***This resource is not available with the Magic May 30-day free trial. It’s for Newsletter Magic subscribers only. Learn more.
- 5 newsletter templates for you. For those moments when you’re just feeling blank, tired, or stuck, and you need some structure to get your brain going. Pick a template, fill in the blanks, and boom. Newsletter: done! ***This resource is not available with the Magic May 30-day free trial. It’s for Newsletter Magic subscribers only. Learn more.
Visit the Community Forum
Say hi. Introduce yourself to fellow newsletter writers. Or share a win that you want to celebrate!
***This resource is not available with the Magic May 30-day free trial. It’s for Newsletter Magic subscribers only. Learn more.
We are committed to running an anti-racist business and to creating a safe, inclusive, and respectful environment for all of our customers. You’ll need to review and agree to our Community Values and Guidelines in order to access the Forum.
Catch up on Emails We Sent to You
We’ll email you a couple times throughout the month.
Did you miss an email? Maybe you deleted it by accident? Catch up here.
Email 1 - May 1, 2021: Please do this first.
Email 2 - May 2, 2021: Set yourself up for success.
Email 3 - May 3, 2021: Please introduce yourself.
Email 4 - May 3, 2021: Our intros, too!
Email 5 - May 4, 2021: All the things!
Email 6 - May 4, 2021: Your magical checklist for May!
Email 7 - May 5, 2021: Exhaaaale. Catch-up day.
Email 8 - May 10, 2021: SURPRISE!
Email 9 - May 11, 2021: Loving this? Invite a friend!
Email 10 - May 12, 2021: Two questions.
Email 11 - May 14, 2021: It's Courage Day!
Email 12 - May 17, 2021: Well...THAT was amazing!
Email 13 - May 19, 2021: How to Grow a Bigger Mailing List
Email 14 - May 21, 2021: Get more sales.
Email 15 - May 24, 2021: BLUEBERRY!
Email 16 - May 25, 2021: Tell us your wins!
Email 17 - May 26, 2021: Treat yourself.
Surprise! We have treats for you.
We hope these brighten your day, make you smile, and remind you that there is still *good* in this crazy, chaotic world.
- Please enjoy these very important dog photos.
- Music to get you into a writing mood! Whether you love chill lo-fi beats, energizing Nigerian pop music, folky sounds from Norway, throwbacks from the ‘90s, or Broadway show tunes, there’s something for everyone here. Enjoy these playlists that Alex curated.
You’re loving this experience, and you want more?
- The Email Course. Starts on June 1, 2021.
- The Tiny Book Course. Starts on September 1, 2021.
- The Marketing Without Social Media Course. Enrollment for 2021 is closed, but this course will be back again in 2022. Get on the wait list.
- Newsletter Magic. Offered year-round. Start your subscription anytime. Stop anytime. No long-term commitment.
- You don’t want to take a course, but you’re curious about hiring the Get It Done team privately for a writing, publishing, or marketing package that’s tailored to you? Packages start at $3000. Email us or schedule a call to discuss options. We’d love to hear more about your goals.
About Us / Meet the Team
At Get It Done, we specialize in writing, publishing, and marketing.
Our motto is: today is not over yet. It’s never too late to become the person you've always wanted to be, or finish a project you've always wanted to complete. You can do this.
Our co-founders, Alex Franzen and Lindsey Smith, have been featured in places like O, The Oprah Magazine, The Los Angeles Times, The New York Times Small Business Blog, The Atlantic, USA Today, Fast Company, Time, Forbes, Newsweek, TEDx stages, Google Talks, and more.
Our support team includes Woz Flint (community manager), Kaitlyn Chock (community support), Lucy Giller (design), Andrew Fox (copyediting and audio), and Tia Ross (copyediting).
And, most importantly, canine support from our dogs, Winnie Cooper, Zuki, and Willa.
We’re glad you discovered us. We know you’ve got exciting goals. Let’s get it done in ’21.
About Newsletter Magic
Newsletter Magic gives you tips, inspiration, and coaching from professional writers for a reasonable monthly fee.
It’s a subscription that costs $295 per month. You can start anytime. You can stop anytime. There’s no long-term commitment.
See more details about Newsletter Magic here.
Choose your subscription level (Monthly or Annual) and sign up here.
Our goal is to help you:
- Strengthen your writing skills.
- Write and send your newsletter more consistently.
- Grow a bigger readership and get more people on your mailing list.
- Create a newsletter that is inspiring, powerful, noteworthy, a newsletter that people absolutely love reading.
- And, most importantly, make a positive impact on your readers’ lives.
What makes Newsletter Magic unique is the personal connection we have with each customer.
We want to know all about you, your writing goals, your passions, and even your pets.
We check in with you (via email) several times a month to see how you’re doing and help you stay on track with your writing goals.
Our customers tell us they love this personal touch, and appreciate knowing that there’s an “actual human being” on the other side of the screen who listens and cares.
Whether you write a newsletter as a marketing tool for your business—or as a creative outlet purely for the joy of it—Newsletter Magic will help you become an even better writer.
Get yourself a subscription!
You’re obsessed with these newsletter tips?
Or maybe you have an exciting *win* that you’d love to share with us?
Email us: email@example.com
We’d love to hear about it!
You can expect a response within 1-3 business days.
You’re bored of emailing humans? You would prefer to email a dog instead?
Email our dogs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes, you will get a reply. From a dog. For real.