Frequently asked questions
I don’t live in the United States. Can I do this course?
Yes! Last year, we had people participating from Canada, Sweden, Australia, and many other places.
As long as you’re comfortable reading materials and watching videos that are in English, you can absolutely take this course.
I can’t attend some of the meetings. Will they be recorded so I can catch up later?
Yes! All meetings are recorded.
I am worried I will fall behind and won’t be able to keep up with the course. What if I can’t complete everything in 45 days?
This course is designed to have a calm and realistic pace. It is not a frenzied sprint! However, if you need more time, that’s okay.
At the end of the course, you receive a download link. You can download all the course materials (workbooks, checklists, videos, assignments, etc.) all in one place. You get to keep these materials forever.
So, you can keep learning and working independently even after the 45-day course has ended. There is no rush. Take all the time you need.
I did this course last year, and I loved it! I am considering doing it again. Will the 2021 course be different than 2020 or exactly the same?
It will be similar, but slightly different.
We’ve made a few tweaks to make the program even better than before, including:
- Longer format. 45 days instead of 25. More time to take action and implement what you’ve learned.
- Additional team members to serve you, which means an even faster response time whenever you email to ask a question.
- And a few tweaks to the curriculum to make it even more timely and relevant. Because the business landscape in 2021 is not exactly the same as 2020.
Plus, it never hurts to revisit concepts you’ve already learned! A good refresher for your brain.
If I am not using social media to promote my business, then what am I going to be doing instead? What are some other options? I don’t quite get how this works.
There are infinite ways to find clients and customers, make money, and run a successful business without using social media.
Just a few ideas:
- You can create a newsletter, build a mailing list readership, and connect with people that way.
- You can reach out to a potential client with a personal email to invite them to hire you.
- You can send out a press release to notify the media about your new product, service, or project and get press coverage.
- You can create brochures and flyers and do old-school snail mail marketing.
- You can talk to your current clients and customers and ask them to send new business to you. (Have you asked anyone to do this lately? Maybe not!)
- You can build relationships with fellow business owners, tell them about your work, and they can refer clients to you.
- You can start your own podcast and use that platform as a place to share ideas and get people excited about your work.
- You could challenge yourself to contact 30 people in 30 days (colleagues, friends, family, classmates, teachers, mentors) and tell each person about your work and how they can support what you’re doing.
Those are just a handful of options and there are tons more.
The Marketing Without Social Media Course helps you see options you hadn’t considered before.
With this course, you will expand your thinking, break out of a marketing rut, and you will realize that social media is optional, not mandatory.
There are plenty of other ways to achieve your business and financial goals. You don’t necessarily have to do what “most people” are doing. You get to choose what’s right for you.
I actually enjoy social media a lot. I don’t necessarily want to stop using it. Should I do this course?
This course might inspire you to use social media a lot less, or use it differently than before—for instance, going onto Instagram purposefully for 10 minutes a day, instead of passively scrolling and checking all day long.
You’ll also get fresh marketing ideas that don’t require social media, which is always a good thing too. More options!
I really want to do this course. But I am experiencing severe financial difficulties and can’t pay for it right now. Do you offer scholarships?
We give out (at least) 30 scholarships per year.
In the spirit of equity, we give first priority to people of color, queer and non-binary folks, differently-abled folks, and other marginalized people who struggle due to unfair systems in our society.
We offer a “pay nothing now, pay what you can later” scholarship.
To learn more about the scholarsip and to apply,
This might be a silly question, but is this course only for women? It seems like most of your clients/customers are female. Can men do it, too?
It's not a silly question at all.
We welcome women, men, and non-binary folks.
Many of our clients and course participants tend to be female (perhaps because...they have excellent taste?), but we welcome everyone.
All genders, all sexual orientations, all faiths, all nationalities. All humans: welcome.