With The Unplug Retreat, our goal is to help you:
- Experience what it feels like to unplug from digital devices—perhaps for the first time in a very long time.
- Develop mindful tech habits (phone habits, email habits, and more) that you will bring back home once the retreat is over.
- Reconnect with yourself and with people you love—writing letters and postcards, having deep conversations, remembering what it feels like to connect without screens.
- Feel your absolute best. Revived. Recharged. Ready to go home and accomplish exciting goals.
Deluxe accommodation, all meals, all activities, welcome gift box, thoughtful touches before, during, and after the retreat—all included.
Just show up and every detail is handled for you.
- A whole week with no social media, no email, no Zoom meetings, no digital screens, no devices (except for when you want to call your kids to say, "I love you"). A powerful reset for your nervous system.
- Nutritious meals, deep sleep, fitness and yoga classes, pool with hydro massage waterfalls, jacuzzis, eucalyptus steam rooms, sauna—healthy activities to rinse all the pandemic stress out of your body.
- Invigorating activities like hiking, archery, stand-up paddle-boarding, kayaking, painting, and a birdhouse-making class.
- Golden autumn leaves, brisk air, and roasting s'mores around the fire pit under the stars.
- Inspiring workshops and discussions on how to reduce screen time, create healthier tech habits, and lead a more balanced life once you're back home.
- Free time to think, plan, walk, draw, or stare at the horizon and do literally nothing. (Because "nothing" might be the medicine that you need most.)
- You will leave this retreat feeling like a brand new person—like you just shampooed your brain. Ahhhh.
- You will go home feeling calm, focused, and revitalized. Clear mind. No mental clutter. Ready to recommit to your goals and get exciting things done.
Get ready to feel better than you've felt in a long time.
Where is it happening?
The Unplug Retreat is happening at The Lodge at Woodloch, an award-winning destination spa resort in Pennsylvania.
The Lodge at Woodloch is situated amidst 500 acres of picturesque woods and lakes in the Poconos.
Secluded and peaceful, while still conveniently located close to several major cities.
If you’re in New York City, Philadelphia, Boston, Baltimore, or Washington D.C., you can drive to the Lodge in 2 to 5 hours.
Go here to learn more about transportation options and getting to the retreat.
At The Unplug Retreat, you have a private guest room and private bathroom all to yourself.
All guest rooms include:
- Private, spacious verandas with woodland lake or rock-garden waterfall views
- In-room safe
- Signature rosemary-mint bath amenities
- Plush robes and slippers
- Hair dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Housekeeping service twice daily
- Complimentary morning paper
- Complimentary self-service laundry facility
- Down comforters
- Pillow menu
- Marble bathrooms with double granite sinks
- Oversized showers with hand-held showerheads
During The Unplug Retreat, you have access to more than 35 resort activities every day.
Whether you want to do a vigorous fitness class, wander a forest trail in silence, try a painting or cooking class, attend a panel discussion about technology and its role in our lives, or enjoy a beverage by the fire…there is something for everyone to enjoy.
Pick whatever activities call to you.
Or…do nothing at all and relax in your fluffy robe with a great book.
- Pool with hydromassage WaterWalls, indoor and outdoor whirlpools, steam rooms, saunas, and a state-of-the-art 3,000 square foot CardioWeight Studio
- Blackmore Farm, a garden and orchard where cooking classes are held
- Art classes including Acrylics on Canvas, Basic Decorative Hand Lettering, Pebble Art, and Birdhouse-making
- Outdoor adventures including archery, hatchet throwing, biking, fishing, tennis, and a 18-hole championship golf course
- Expert-led fitness classes including yoga, Pilates, and a variety of aquatic classes: Aqua Toning, Aqua Tabata, Aqua Jog, Aqua Zumba, and Splash Dance (Pole Dancing in the Water)
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are included daily.
Enjoy TREE Restaurant and Bar, where you will dine amongst the tree tops with glimpses of the glistening private lake.
Room service is available, too.
All food and dietary restrictions can be accommodated.
“The Lodge at Woodloch embraces a philosophy of personal awakening. As so many individuals get swept up in the whirlwind of life, our luxury Poconos resort gives you an opportunity to shift from your everyday routine and refocus on yourself. You are able to reconnect to creative and stress-relieving outlets that will continue to benefit you long after you leave.”
What are the dates?
The Unplug Retreat is happening Sunday October 24, 2021 to Friday October 29, 2021.
6 days and 5 nights.
Arrival and Departure
Sunday October 24, 2021 - Arrival day
We recommend arriving between 3 pm and 6 pm, if possible.
Check into your room. Get a tour of the resort. Unpack. Shower. Soak in the jacuzzi. Unwind and settle in.
Friday October 29, 2021 - Departure day
Check out time is 12 noon.
If you want to leave your suitcase at the front desk and relax at the resort a bit longer, that’s no problem. There’s no need to rush out the door.
8 am - 10 am. Breakfast is served. Come by anytime.
10 am - 11 am. Meditation and workshop time. Bring your Unplug Retreat Workbook and a pen. Spend introspective time exploring questions about your priorities, your goals, and the role that technology plays in your life. How do you want things to shift once you are back home?
11 am - 4 pm. Free time. Enjoy the resort amenities. Take a painting class, hit the gym, soak in the jacuzzi, try archery, a cooking class, enjoy a picnic lunch, or anything else that feels exciting to you. More than 35 activities to choose from, daily.
4 pm - 5 pm. Connection time. Write handwritten letters and postcards to people you love. Grab a deck of question cards and take turns asking and answering. Explore how it feels to connect, talk, and tell stories without any screens or devices.
5 pm - 7 pm. Dinner is served. Enjoy a quiet meal alone or dine with others if you’re feeling social.
After 7 pm. Gather around the fire pit for stories and s’mores. Take a quiet walk to admire the stars. Read or journal in bed. Cap off the night with a hot shower and then relax in your plush robe. Wake up tomorrow and do it all over again
Before, during, and after the Retreat
Prior to the Retreat
We send you the Unplug Retreat Audio Course which you can listen to prior to the retreat.
This is a brief course (40 minutes) to help you set your intention for the retreat, explore your current tech habits, and decide what kinds of changes you’d like to make.
We also send you a list of recommended books to read—books to help you rethink how you want to live, work, and use technology.
During the Retreat
As soon as you step into your bedroom, you’ll find the Unplug Retreat Welcome Box waiting on your bed with several gifts for you—the Unplug Retreat Workbook, a journal, pens, postcards, postage stamps, a silk sleep mask, and more.
During The Unplug Retreat, we invite you to attend the Intention Session (set your intention for the retreat and introduce yourself to fellow guests), Mid-Week Session (check in, share how your experience is going, and enjoy a live folk music performance), and Closing Session (say "farewell" and share what you intend to carry back home.)
After the Retreat
We follow up with you a few weeks after The Unplug Retreat to check in and see how you’re doing back at home.
What are some habits you’ve created? How are you feeling? What’s next for you?
We invite you to share an update with us (privately via email), if you wish.
We also invite you to attend a group check-in (video meeting), if you’d like to say “hello” to the retreat organizers and folks you met during the retreat. An opportunity to reconnect with friends you made and recommit to your new tech habits.
How much is it? And what's included?
The Unplug Retreat is an all-inclusive retreat.
This means everything is included in one price. No extras. No surprises.
Your retreat fee includes:
- Deluxe accommodation (private guest room with private bathroom) at an award-winning spa resort
- Daily housekeeping
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, daily
- More than 35 resort activities and amenities to enjoy daily
- Special Unplug Retreat activities exclusively for retreat guests—meditation, workshop time, author readings and book signings, panel discussions about life, work, technology, and creating new habits
- Unplug Retreat Audio Course to enjoy prior to the retreat
- Unplug Retreat Book List with recommended books to read
- Check in and follow up after the retreat to see how you’re doing back at home
- A priceless experience you will remember forever and carry back home into your everyday life
- Transportation to the retreat
Solo Traveler: One Guest
Guest room with one King bed
Register by June 30 and receive a $125 spa credit.
Shared Room: Two Guests
Guest room with one King bed or two Double beds
$5495 USD per person / $10,990 total
Register by June 30 and receive a $125 spa credit.
Payment plans are available.
You can reserve your bedroom with a deposit of $995 today—and then pay the remaining balance over the course of 3 or 6 months.
All your questions: answered.